Environment and Community
Philmac has mechanisms in place to monitor, control and continuously improve all of its business operations. This will be done with due consideration to the design, manufacture, assembly and distribution of fluid transfer solutions.
Philmac believes it has an important duty to ensure good environmental performance in all its business operations and to provide the necessary organisation, commitment and training to fulfil this obligation. The business firmly believes in, and is committed to, monitoring and improving environmental performance, pollution prevention and environmental enhancement.
These will be achieved through:
- Incorporating environmental responsibility into all business operations by planning environmental protection, reviewing and developing policy.
- By creating improvement programs based on objectives and targets set by the Environmental Management System.
- We will work with our suppliers and customers to pursue continual improvement in environmental performance (where reasonably practical), particularly the areas of reducing resource use, minimising waste and increased recycling.
- Complying with all federal, state, and local environmental agency regulations and codes of practice as well as Aliaxis environmental policy requirements. We will seek to improve on minimum standards where reasonably practical, and expect those working on our premises to meet the same standards.
- Communication of this policy to all interested parties including staff, customers, suppliers and the general community
Aliaxis principles applicable to each group company
- To adopt on each production site, a policy ensuring not only the strict application of local regulations but also a continuous search for improved performance in terms of environment by using the best practically available technology and introducing environmental management systems which are integrated with quality.
- To design in our activities, product which contribute by their own functions to the protection of the environment.
- To implement, in respect to manufactured products, Research and Development programs aimed at the continuous reduction of their environmental impact assessed on their entire life cycle “cradle to grave”.
- To cooperate with all our partners (suppliers, users, public authorities etc) to ensure that a responsible attitude is promoted and developed at all stages of the product life cycle and particularly at the end of life.
- To provide relevant information about environmental performance of production sites and manufactured products with a continuous concern for objectivity based on business practices.
- To participate in the various organisations involved in the definition of ambition future targets for activities in which Aliaxis is involved, as well as in the evolution of standards and regulations which structure these activities.
Above all, Philmac will promote staff awareness of environmental issues and provide the resources and training that will enable them to actively contribute to fulfilling our environmental objectives and obligations.